This blog post is in response to series of questions about the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree at the University of Ibadan. This would give our esteemed readers general and specific information about studying for an MBA degree- specifically related to University of Ibadan. The information here may change with time, so exercise due diligence.
- The MBA degree programme is a professional masters degree and not academic. It is aimed at people in business and executives. You would not be able to take up a lecturing job with an MBA without an MPhil.
- All prospective MBA applicants into University of Ibadan would take an English Proficiency Screening Test before admission
- Beyond your bachelors degree, other qualifications accepted by U.I for MBA admission are; A.C.A, A.C.C.A, A.C.M.A, C.F.A (USA). A HND graduate with 5 year experience in management would also be considered.
- Duration for full time MBA is 18 months,
- The areas of specializations in U.I MBA are Marketing, Finance, Operation, Personnel and Portfolio (Managements), Operations Research, Investment Analysis, and Labour Economics.
- The UI, MBA programme is conducted by the Department of Economics, in the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- The tuition fees for full time MBA is about 120,000 naira and Executive MBA is about 175,000 naira for the first session. (2years ago)
Drop your questions, comments and opinion in the comments box