The University of Nigeria has put on sale, her postgraduate form for the 2015/16 academic year.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates for postgraduate programmes (sand wish, part time and full time) in the various faculties, instituteS and centers. The postgraduate forms cost 25,000 naira, and can be purchased through banks on the e-tranzact platform.
GENERAL POSTGRADUATE ENTRY QUALIFICATION
- Candidates for admission into any postgraduate programme of the University must have obtained 5 credits in WASC or GCE or NECO including English.Candidates shall also possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the first degree programmes in their areas of interest for postgraduate studies.ForthePGD in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Architecture, only candidates with University degrees in relevant areas need apply.
- The following shall qualify for Master’s Degree admission:
(i) Graduates of the University of Nigeria or of other recognized universities who have obtained the Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines with at least a good second with not less than 2.5 GPA;
(ii) Candidates with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the University of Nigeria with at least credit level passes;
(iii) Candidates whose first degrees are unclassified but have scores of 50% or above;
- DOCTORATE DEGREE (Ph.D.) PROGRAMME
Candidates of the University of Nigeria or of any other recognized Universities who have obtained
the Master’s degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study shall qualify for Doctorate Degree
(i) A minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale is required for admission into Ph.D programme in all Departments except those departments listed in C: (ii) below:
(ii) A minimum GPA of 4.0 on a 5-point scale is required for admission into Ph.D programme in the following DepartmentsFaculties: Music, Economics, Psychology, Education, Medical Sciences, and Health Sciences & Technology
(iii) A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale or a B (60%) average provided that satisfactory research work formed part of the Masters Degree programme.
- SANDWICH POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
1. M. Ed. Sandwich programmes in the Faculty of Education are in the following departments:
Departments of Adult Education, Arts Education, Science Education, Health & Physical Education (Health Education and Physical Education & Recreation options), Social Science Education and Vocational Teacher Education. MLS degree programme is offered in the Department of Library & Information Science.
Please note that Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), Postgraduate Diploma in Vocational Teacher Education (PGDTE) and Postgraduate Diploma in Library & Information Science (PGDL) are based in the Institute of Education under Sandwich Programme.
POSTGRADUATE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Visit the University of Nigeria UNN Portal through this link unnportal.unn.edu.ng
- Click on PG Application form to generate invoice for payment.
- Use your functioning phone number to generate the invoice.
- Proceed to any Bank with E-Tranzact Plat Form for payment.
- Return to UNN Portal with your payment confirmation pin from the Bank and follow the procedure for completing the form.
- Postgraduate application closes on the 30th of June, 2015
The full advertisement with all postgraduate courses list can be found by clicking here
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION ABOUT THE PROCESS, DROP THEM IN THE COMMENT BOX. WE WERE OF ASSISTANCE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE LAST YEAR.
Please follow and like us: