The government of Brunei Darussalam has announced it national scholarships for the 2017/18 session. Brunei Darussalam scholarship is for foreign students, Nigerians included.
Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, is tenable Brunei Darussalam. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, which provides applicants with the opportunity to study at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
· Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
· Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
· Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
· Politeknik Brunei (PB).
The academic year commences July/August 2018.
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants should be nominated by their Government.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for undergraduate and diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for postgraduate programmes on the 31 st July 2018.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The general terms and conditions are as follows:
- The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
i) exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
ii) an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
iii) a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
iv) a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
v) an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
vi) accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
vii) baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
· BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
· BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
viii) comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
3. APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND CLOSING DATES
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- The closing date for the reception of completed application forms, together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time) on 28 February 2018.
- Application forms can be downloaded from the following link: here
For more information on programmes offered, entry qualifications and any further information are available from this website