Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is calling for application for MIT Empowering Teachers fellowship initiative. MIT-ETT is a strategic partnership with Nigeria’s NNPC/Total.
Description of MIT-ETT Lecturers Fellowship
MIT-ETT allows Nigerian lecturers to have a semester long experience on campus at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Selected lecturers from Nigerian universities in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical and Petroleum) and Computer science would be at MIT in either fall 2019 (September – December) or spring 2020 (February – May).
The lecturers would engage in many campus activities that involves teaching and curriculum development. They would prepare innovative curricula and approaches that would be implemented in the or home universities upon returning.
Financial Benefits for the MIT-ETT Fellowship
MIT-ETT will cover basic travel and living expenses. It would also take care of instructional and educational materials of the selected lecturers.
Eligibility for MIT-ETT Fellowship
- Applicant must be currently teaching within the disciplines/courses of study in view
- The lecturers must be innovative and be a change agent.
- Must have a PhD, and not below Lecturer 1 rank.
How to Apply for MIT-ETT Fellowship
- Visit www.misti.mit.edu/empowering-teachers
- All applications must be submitted before Wednesday, Nov 28, 2018. 8pm EST
- Top applicant would be interviewed at Abuja, in the last week of January, 2019, before final selection
For questions and enquires, Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org