Call for Applications – PHD Fellowship Programme
Background of the PhD Fellowship
The University of Ghana has received funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation of New York, USA, to implement a project titled “Enhancing Doctoral Training in the Humanities” at University of Ghana
The focus of the fellowship is on the following disciplines/units:
- Languages (including English, Linguistics, French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Russian)
- Arts (including Philosophy and Classics, Archaeology and Heritage Studies, the Study of Religions and History)
- Performing Arts (including Dance, Music and Theatre Arts)
- African Studies
Eligibility for the PhD Fellowship in Huamanities
An applicant for the PhD Fellowships:
- Should hold an MPhil Degree in any of the disciplines listed above, or in a related field.
- Should have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate commitment to pursue an academic career.
- MPhil students who have submitted their theses are encouraged to apply.
Application Guidelines for PhD Fellowship in Humanities
Each applicant should submit the following:
- A Completed Application Form. Forms can be downloaded using http://www.ug.edu.gh/
- An offer of admission from the Graduate School, University of Ghana, to pursue a PhD Degree.
An applicant without an offer of admission from the University of Ghana can still apply; however, the award will be disbursed only when the awardee has received admission to University of Ghana.
- An updated CV
- Names and contact details of three referees.
- Certified copies of First Degree and MPhil certificates.
- PhD research proposal of not more than 3 pages clearly outlining the background, objectives, scope and methodology.
- A work plan and a budget attached as separate sheets.
The deadline for submission of applications is 5.00 p.m. on Thursday 15th August, 2019
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
College of Humanities
The Andrew W. Mellon Project Office
UG Doctoral Building,
Journal Editorial Room, University of Ghana, BOX LG 1173, Legon
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0204967921