Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) is an academic citadel of learning dedicated to journalism and mass communication programmes. The Nigerian Institute of Journalism started in 1963 and is located in Lagos, Nigeria. The Institute trains the man power for print and broadcast journalism. It operates like a polytechnic, thus has programmes at OND and HND levels. Continue reading “NIGERIAN INSTITUTE OF JOURNALISM POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES”
Meet Dr. Nolubabalo Unati Nqebelele, the first black woman a PhD in Internal Medicine in South Africa. Dr. Nolubabalo’s life is an inspiration to all hard working and disadvantaged postgraduate students. Her life is a motivation, and a clear testament of what a determined heart can achieve against all odds. Continue reading “FIRST BLACK WOMAN BAGS A PHD IN INTERNAL MEDICINE”
This is the season of postgraduate application. Many Nigerian Universities are currently advertising the sale of postgraduate forms for the 2018/2019 academic session. Postgraduate Nigeria brings you a list of Nigerian schools currently selling PG forms. Click the links to more details.
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO :
PG form closing: Not stated Continue reading “Postgraduate Forms Currently on Sale in Nigeria”
The strike action embarked upon by residents doctors in Nigeria, continues with no end in sight yet. Negotiations between the federal government team, led by Minister of labour, Dr. Chris Continue reading “Resident/Postgraduate Doctor’s Strike Continues, as Patients leave Teaching Hospital”
There are myraids of blogs on different subjects, but specifically a number of blogs for higher education or postgraduate studies.
- Postgrad.com: This is a postgraduate website that offers more than regular blogs. With a focus on U.K universities, Postgrad.com offers every information from postgraduate course advice, to best schools for a particular postgraduate programme, scholarship tips, travel advice, thesis writing information & so on.
- Sayas Blog: This is a South African based postgraduate blog with a focus on Africa. SAYAS means- South African Academy of Science. SAYAS gives voice to the postgraduate students to share their experiences in the South African context. Young academics share in a free language, their perspectives on postgraduate study.
- IEFA: International Education Financial Aid website. This is a top website listing scholarships and financial aid/grants to postgraduate students. Although, it is not focused on postgraduate study, it provide many resources and articles that are beneficial to postgraduate students.
- My School.com: Although not necessarily a blog, this is a very informative Nigeria based website with a global reach. Myschool.com.ng provides lastest information on postgraduate admissions in Nigeria, giving you up-to-date info you may not find else where.
- Warwick postgraduate student blog: As the name clearly shows, it is a blog by the university of Warwick in U.K, and written by current postgraduate students of the university. The PG students share their view on serious academic matters as winning postgraduate scholarships, journal & thesis writing. The blog also features mundane matters that concern postgraduate students like traveling on tours while in postgraduate school and many others. On warwick postgraduate student blog, you can feel the vibes of many postgraduate students discussing many issues.
- Add Yours: Mention a blog you have visited and found educative and entertaining as a postgraduated student.
The vice-chancellor of the University of Port Harcourt, Ndowa Lale said this at the 31st convocation news briefing in Port Harcourt, Rivers state that the conferment of degrees, higher degrees, diploma, certificates and prizes will hold at the university from March 24 to March 25.
The convocation was across 10 faculties and drawn from 2014 to 2016 academic sessions.
The convocation kicked-off with a lecture titled “The Mandate of Higher Educational Institutions and Global Expectations”, by Jonas Redwood-Sawyer, vice-chancellor of University of Sierra Leone and chairman of the board of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) on March 23.
Postgraduate Nigeria big congrats to all convocants.
The government hospitals in Abuja, F.C.T have been approved by the National Post Graduate Medical College of Nigeria and West African College of Physicians for post graduate residency.