It is not more news that the strike action embarked upon by ASUU has virtually shut down Nigerian public universities. This has left many Postgraduate aplicants confused about the admission processes into the various Postgraduate schools they are applying to. For those applying to University of Lagos (UNILAG) take note of the following.
1. The sale of postgraduate application forms into University of Lagos is still on and would close on Thursday August 15, 2013
2. The postgraduate entrance exams into UNILAG has been postponed with no date fixed. New date would be announced soon. Be prepared
3. Graduates with Third class applying to UNILAG for Postgraduate studies have a chance but it depends on the course. Courses in Education, Business Administration and Arts, Less competitive courses such as Cell Biology and Genetics, Parasitology and Bioinformatics e.tc and more competitive courses such as Master of Information Technology (MIT), Master of Environmental Management(MEM), MSc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management e.g accepts Third Class.
4. Apart from Professional Courses such as Geosciences, Engineering, Law and so on that requires one to do Postgraduate Diploma before Masters degree, u can actually do Masters degree directly in many other courses.
5. A Third Class graduate of Systems Engineering is ineligible to apply for MSc Systems Engineering directly but can apply to apply for MIT. Similarly, a Third Class graduate of Geology is ineligible to apply for MSc Geology directly but eligible to apply for MEM or MSc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management. A Third Class graduate of Chemical Engineering is ineligible to apply for MSc Chemical Engineering directly but eligible to apply for MEM.
6. To know the courses on offer for the session, check the UNILAG school of postgraduate studies website, or go to http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng/Application/notice.php .
7. On your final admission , emphasis is placed on your exam score. Make sure you score high to give you the competitive advantage.
Visit this blog regularly so you can be updated about your postgraduate programmes. God bless.
Benue State University invites qualified prospective postgraduate applicant for her 2013/14 academic session in various postgraduate programmes leading to the award of postgraduate diploma, Masters and PhD degrees of Benue State University.
Admission Requirementsi.) Postgraduate
in the first instance, possess qualifications for an award of a first degree of
the Benue State University (i.e five (5) ordinary level credit passes including
English Language, Mathematics (where applicable)).
Degree Programmes (M.Sc, M.A and M.Ed)
Postgraduate applicants must posses in
addition to (i) above, a first relevant degree with a minimum of Second Class
Lower Division from Benue State University or any University recognized by the
Senate of Benue State University.
iii.) Doctor of Philosophy
Candidates in addition to (i & ii) above, must
have a good Masters Degree with a CGPA of not less than 3.50 or ‘B’ grade from
Benue State University or any University recognized by the Senate of Benue State
- All programmes begin with Course Work and end at Project for Postgraduate
Diploma or Dissertation and Thesis for Masters and Ph.D. degrees respectively.
The duration of Degree/Diploma programmes are as follows: -Postgraduate Diploma programmes shall be of one year minimum and two years
maximum duration. -Masters Degree programmes shall normally be of one academic year minimum
duration for full-time and two years for part-time candidates. The duration
shall not normally exceed two years for full-time and three years for part-time
candidates. -Doctorate Degree programmes shall normally be of three years minimum
duration ,for full-time and five years for part-time candidates. The duration
shall not exceed five years for full-time and seven years for part-time
- Note: Applicants must request their previous institutions to forward their
Academic Transcripts to The Secretary, Postgraduate School, Benue State
Application Closing Date9th
Method Of Application
- Applicants are to visit the Benue State University website: www.bsum.edu.ng
as from Monday 9th July, 2013 (under Applications on Benue State University
Portal section) click on Postgraduate and complete some pre-registration
information and submit. Once submitted, an Application Number will be generated.
Print a copy of the pre-registration form.
- Applicants would then proceed to the designated Bank
(Fidelity) with the printed copy of pre-registration form and
pay a non-refundable application fee of N5,500 using the generated Application
- After payment, applicants would be expected to re-visit the Benue State
University Portal under Application and click on Postgraduate to complete the
Application Form and submit on-line. Please, print a hard copy of the completed
form for reference purposes.
- Applicants are to ensure that the on-line reference forms are completed by
the three referees.
- Please note that applications without relevant documents uploaded will not
Late purchase which commences 30 days after the date of
the advert shall attract an additional fee of one thousand (N1,000) naira. God bless
Covenant University at her just concluded convocation ceremony conferred varying postgraduate degrees on 141 of her former postgraduate students. The university’s 8th convocation ceremony which was held on the 26 July, 2013 had a total of 1607 graduands including those with first degree.
The school of postgraduate studies of the university released 111 Masters degree holders and 30 Doctorate degree in various fields.
As part of activities lined up for the former postgraduate students, a guest speaker, Prof. Adeleke Fakoya urge them to use their research to solve problems within the society. The first set of Eagles who bagged Ph.D degrees included , Dr. Obanua S. Adenzele (Mass communication) and Dr. Okorie
N. Chukwuemeka (Mass Communication), Dr. Idowu Adenike (Sociology). We at PostgraduateNigeria wish them good luck and success in their careers. God bless.
The result of the postgraduate entrance examination written by prospective postgraduate applicants into the University of Nigeria Nsukka has been released. A statement by the secretary to the dean of postgraduate school, Dr (Mrs.) Continue reading “UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA POSTGRADUATE ENTRANCE EXAMS RELEASED.”
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Postgraduate Programmes of the Federal University of Technology, Akure for the 2013/2014 academic session. FUTA Postgraduate Application Form. METHODS OF APPLICATION (i) Candidates should process their application on-line at the University’s website (http//www.futa.edu.ng), using the e-tranzact method with payment made to the School of Postgraduate Studies’ account. (ii) Application form for Higher degrees and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programmes is sold for N10,000.00 only, excluding bank charges. (iii) Candidates are expected to submit photocopies of their credentials and print-out of application forms to the address below latest six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement. (iv) Specifically, Ph. D candidates Continue reading “2013/14 POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION INTO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY AKURE (FUTA)”
Caleb University located in Imota Lagos Nigeria is a vibrant, reputable, recognized and accredited Private university. Caleb University is using this medium to invite qualified and interested members of the public to her 2013/2014 academic session various postgraduate programmes.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidate should download the application forms from the University’s Website by clicking the link below (www.calebuniversity.edu.ng/postgraduate application form) and submit completed application forms after paying the processing fee of N 10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) into the Caleb University’s Skye Bank Account 1770334235.
They should forward the following relevant documents in support of their applications:
1. Photocopy of University Degree Certificate
2. Photocopy of NYSC Discharge Certificate
3. Photocopy of ‘O’ Level Result(s)
4. The original Transcript obtained from the Applicant’s University.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
Completed applications should be addressed to:
The College Secretary
College of Postgraduate Studies
Imota, Lagos State.
Ikeja, Lagos State.
For further information. please contact 08023922292, 08030553455, 08074179979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duly completed Application Forms must be submitted within four weeks of this advertisement.